ABOUT THE CUSTOM DECK COMPANY
Serving the Greater Toronto Area since 1987, The Custom Deck Company has worked with countless clients around the city. Whether your next project is a deck, fence, or backyard structure, Custom Deck will help you find a solution that complements the style of your home, and your personal tastes.
All of our professional staff has at least 10 years experience in quality deck development. Our designers have the creative expertise to plan the deck you’ve been dreaming of. We offer reliability, creativity, and affordability to ensure the new extension of your home… feels like home.
We are experts in the following:
- Privacy Screens
- Wood Structures
- and any other residential wood project you may have
You’ll have your choice of the following materials to build your project:
- Pressure Treated – Most decks built today used pressure-treated wood, if not for the decking then for the support system. Dollar for dollar it is still the best material to use and you see it in commercial boardwalks and large decking projects.
- Western Red Cedar – Because of its natural oils, western red cedar is naturally resistant to rot and insects. It is light, easy to work with and rated to have half the shrinking and swelling tendencies of other softwoods. Western red cedar ages to a beautiful, natural silver color so that yearly maintenance is not required. Or you can choose to have it stained. This wood is more expensive but increase the value of the home without having to replace the deck in 15-20 years.
- Trex Composite – For the past decade composite products have been moving in to the decking market. Composite decking is a mixture of wood fiber and recycled plastic that is pressed into planks with a realistic wood grain. Composite decking will not shrink, warp, or split the way pressure-treated wood tends to do. Composite material is more expensive than traditional lumber but will outlast wood and is virtually maintenance-free.
- Brazilian Hardwood (Ipe & Tigerwood) – Brazilian hardwood offers beauty, durability and strength that no other decking options can match. Ipe and tigerwood woods are also easier to mill and install than many man made deck options. Having a variety of colors, Brazilian hardwood allows home owners and contractors to choose the hardwood decking that best fits their decking plans.